Thursday, March 01, 2007

Conversation With A Five-Year-Old

Me: Lucas, I love you so much. I'm so glad you're my son!

Lucas: What if you were a Mommy who didn't have any babies? Would you have adopted me?

Me: Of course! I would have found you and adopted you so that you would be my son because I love you so much.

Lucas: What if I was a Chinese baby? Would you adopt me?

Me: Of course I would because you're my son!

Lucas: What if I was in Africa and my Mommy died? Would you adopt me then?

Me: I sure would have! I can't imagine life without you as my son!

Lucas: What if there were six of me? What would you do then? Would you adopt me?

Me: Well, I guess I would have adopted all six of you since I love you so much!

Lucas: But Mama, what if I was Chinese and it was my birthday, AND my mom and dad died?

Me: Wow! That would be a pretty bad day, wouldn't it?!

Lucas: I think we should adopt 6 million kids. Okay Mom?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Million kids- the number of orphans in Ethiopia alone. If only life were as simple as adopting all of them. Oh, to be five again. God must know that I need the innocence of my children in my life. I love Lucas so much. But gee, 6 of him would be quite a handful!! :)

2 comments:

KelseyChristine said...

I think you guys should adopt 6 million kids too!

Elizabeth F. said...

hilarious! 6 of him would be a handful, wouldn't it? You have created such wonderfully unique, loving and aware children.