Monday, December 18, 2006

10 Days/ Truly Perfect Injera At Last Thanks To Abeba

ONLY 10 DAYS LEFT UNTIL I GO TO ETHIOPIA TO MEET MY YOSEF AND MIHRET!!!!!

And, the other exciting thing that happened to me today is that I have made a truly perfect injera at last thanks to my new friend Abeba. Abeba called me today to say that she was going to make injera, so I drove to her house and watched and learned. There is a step that she did last night that I missed, but the next time she does that, she is going to call me. Then, I think I can do it on my own. I actually made the injera in these pictures! I am so proud of myself! I have a whole stack of injera on my counter that I made! Also, Abeba had an entire 25 pound bag of teff that she only paid $30 for! I have been paying about $6 for a tiny little bag that is probably just about 1 pound! Who knew all of these secrets?! Evidently, Ethiopians living in America know all of these secrets, and now I get to know them too!



10 comments:

KT said...

Congrats on mastering your injera! I still cant get it, and my girls have been home four months:)
I think this project you are doing is amazing!!! I dont feel we would have time to do it before you leave. But my girls are doing a bracelets fundraiser now, and I would like to send you a few bracelets for FREE to give your new babies!
Please email me at ktlynn99@comcast.net if you are interested!
God Bless You!
KT

Heidi W said...

That is beautiful injera! I'm jealous!

I see KT posted a comment, her bracelets are beautiful. I'd take her up on it if you have a chance!

owlhaven said...

That looks awesome!! Did you already get the heritage griddle??

Mary

Elizabeth F. said...

And it was so yummy too!:-)

Kaitlyn said...

Mary,
No, I don't have the heritage grill yet, but I'm saving all of the money that my family gives me for Christmas and I'm going to get one. Abeba has a heritage grill though.
Heather

ferenge mama said...

This is so great!! When you get the process down, will you please post the recipe and process that Abeba taught you?

I would love to figure out how to make injera before I bring my kidlet home!

Anonymous said...

The injera looks fantastic. Congrats on keeping at it. I am going to keep my eye out for the pan Avery found. Merry Christmas
Leisa Australia

richlisad said...

Heather - I am so hooked on injera now that the pictures of yours just makes my mouth water.

Only a few more days and you will be there! We are so excited for you guys.

Still praying for news of a court date.

Brianna Heldt said...

Okay that is some fine looking injera!!! Looks just like what we ate in Ethiopia!

KelseyChristine said...

I'm impressed! And oh my goodness, I think you are in Ethiopia right now--YAY!! I will definitely be praying for you this week.