Thursday, September 28, 2006

30 Days- Day 28

Well, it's Day 28 and I'm going to have to start breaking this 30 Day fast from consumerism. You see, I washed 3 loads of laundry yesterday and mopped up about 10 gallons of water off my kitchen floor in the process! It seems that I have a hole in my basket. Fortunate for me, we have a friend who thinks he can fix this problem for me, so in exchange for his labor, I'll be coooking supper for his family on Friday night. Yes, it will require a trip to the grocery store, but I think it's a pretty necessary purchase! Unless I'm okay with my washing machine dumping all of its water onto my kitchen floor. By the time I finished my laundry, I had an entire load of wet towels that needed to be washed due to all the soaking up of water!


Also, tonight we will be taking money out of our 30 Days of Nothing jar and spending it at Cold Stone Creamery. Now, this might not seem like a very necessary purchase, and indeed, it is not. However, the icecream is actually free tonight! That's right- FREE. All you have to do is make a donation to the Make-A-Wish Foundation and Cold Stone will share some icecream with you. Check it out on their website. We figured that we already have enough money saved up to buy a bicycle for a needy family in Kenya and what better thing than to spend the extra money on this organization that helps kids. And it doesn't hurt that we get to eat icecream too!

No comments: